Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Berry Queens Welcome our Newest DIVA's!!!!

On two separate Thursdays night at Le Rosier I met up with Queen Guide-Ance's bunch of excellently kewt, funny, and bodacious friends who have signed up to be our first EVER DIVA's for the BQ Ball and Pageant. We have 21 of them so far and have room for a few more (wink! wink!) I want to give them a shout out now and say thanks for their support and let ya'll know how glad we are to have them because they are goin to be a great addition to our festivities. One of em actually painted herownhouse in her tiara, which made me know right off the bat that she was fit to be a Berry Queen DIVA!!! Don't ya'll luv it!!?? They will not have to do jack, since they are payin 'n all, but they will take on queenly names and dress up and act up and generally make our event much, much better OR NOT, because they get to decide exactly what they want to do and how they want to act because they are, after all, DIVAS! They may even get themselves a float together and ride just for the hail of it in the Sugar Cane Festival Parade and I think that would be too, too kewt for words!!!

DIVA 1~Jamie Nelson-Hebert

DIVA 4~Lisa Dugas

Queen of Sold~Tessie Dore

Queen of Disney~Anne Spears

Queenie in a Bottle~Monique Romero

Queen High Maintenance~Roxie Boudreaux

Queen of Fine Arts~Judy Vaughn

Queen of Hearts~Patricia Richard

Queen Cruiser~Sandra DeRouen

Queen Big Sistah~Margaret Simon

Queen of Dippity Doo~Elaine Drago

Queen Camil Feaux~Suzie Charpentier

Queen Catin Dure~Angela Langlinais

Queen of de Road~Jill Langlinais

Queen Mumm~Brenda Langlinais

Queen Prim & Proper~Peggy Meyers

Queen of the Scene~Amy Allen

Diane Musson

Cheryl Barras

Kim Holleman

Jodie Suire

Martha Girouard

Anita Lantier

Scotty Hebert

Becky Kennedy



and we welcome one DIVA Queen, as well, Katherin Bordes!

1 comment:

Dee said...

Hello Berry Queens! I'm origionally from New Iberia and saw all of you in the boat parade. When I found your blog and saw that you 're all about raising money for Habitat I wanted to offer to donate a blog design for y'all. I design all of my own layouts and if you're interested I'd loved to design something for y'all! You can send me an email at Dionneacooper@gmail.com or leave me a comment in my blog homesickcajun.blogspot.com/ and I'll get back in touch with you! Just let me know!